- Emotions guide learning and simple problem solving.
- Enables child to generate ideas off of his own emotions.
- Provides the connection between affect and intent, motor planning and symbol formation which gives meaning to words and gestures.
Six developmental milestones all children must go through
- Shared attention and regulation
- Engagement and relating
- Purposeful Emotional interaction
- Social problem solving
- Creating Ideas
- Connecting ideas together, thinking logically
Individual differences that contribute to delays and difficulties learning.
- Difficulties with sensory reactivity
- Difficulties Processing-making sense of the sensory information he receives.
- Difficulties with motor planning and sequencing-troubles making his body move the way he wants and/or difficulty planning and executing responses to information he has taken in.