Client Focus: Children 6 months to 16 years of age
Clinical Specialties: Autism, ADHD, learning challenges, developmental disorders, behavioral issues, emotional regulation, depression, anxiety, fears, divorce, bullying, social thinking skills, parent training/coaching, DIR/Floortime, abuse prevention and Sibshops.
- Helping families reduce child: meltdowns, regressions, intense feelings, communication and relationship problems, social and emotional regulation challenges; as well as many other mental health complications
- Consultations with family on facilitating Floortime in home-based programs.
- Assisting families and parents with relationship challenges that could impact the child’s development and/or harmonious living.
- Floortime with child.
- Work directly with child engaging in Floortime interactions.
- Provide parents with consultation and guidance as they utilize Floortime methods.
Common Signs of Mental Health Issues in Children
- Difficulties in school
- Avoiding friends and family
- Frequent mood swings
- Frequent anger (e.g., temper tantrums)
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Low energy or motivation
- Defiant with parents and/or teachers
- Not doing the things he or she used to enjoy
- Worrying and anxiety
- Changes in hygiene
- Overly concerned with appearance or weight
- Physical aggression
- Bullying other children
- Attempting to injure him or her self